Top Suggestions for Cleaning Block Paving
While it's fairly easy to take care of elements of block paving around your house, it's not entirely maintenance free and in order to keep your paving looking its best it will need regular cleaning. There are also steps that you can take to prevent issues developing with the block paving which can make the routine maintenance process much easier.
Let's take a look at the 5 points which will help keep the drive, path or outdoor patio looking terrific for many years to come:
- Hold weeds away. Unwanted weeds won't grow over the block paving within the surface area underneath, however they will begin to grow in the joints in between the stones. Treating the area around the joints with herbicide, even if you're yet to discover any weeds, can help prevent this issue from developing. Prevention is definitely much better than cure in this case, as established weeds can be difficult to shift permanently after they have taken hold.
- Thoroughly clean the paving frequently. Frequently cleaning your block paving will stop it looking mucky and worn out. The best method to completely clean your paving would be to comprise a solution of hot soapy water and to apply this solution on the paving using a brush with tough bristles. These bristles can also help remove particles from the joints. Here there is more information about EKS Block Paving.
- Deal with algae as quickly as possible. If you have block paving that is made from stone, then you may experience issues with algae, and these problems can start to show after only a short amount of time. Among the most reliable ways to treat algae is to apply regular home bleach, and this ought to be performed when you first notice the algae.
- Consider making use of a power washer. Using a power washer can truly improve the look of one's block paving by washing away all the dirt and grime that has built up and help recover the paving to its original colour. This isn't a process that should be undertaken too frequently however, since over use of power washers can damage the materials that the paving is made from.
- Close up the joints of the paving. For those who have a great deal of problems with unwanted weeds and water getting into the joints of the paving, then making use of a sealer could help. This may help protect the joints and may minimize the amount of problems you have with weeds. It may also extend the life of the block paving.
Maintaining your block paving does not have to be a hard or time intensive job, and the more frequently it is carried out, the simpler it will be the in the future. If you never ever carry out any routine maintenance on your block paving, then at some point in the future you will start to discover that it doesn't look as good as it used to, and when you arrive at this point, it may be difficult to put things right.